Search This Blog

Loading...

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Special Polvoron Recipe That Tastes Like Goldilocks

I was craving polvoron from Goldilocks last weekend. Being here in small town Iowa, it was very difficult to find polvoron or any Filipino food and snacks. So I went online, googled "special polvoron recipe Goldilocks" and found multiple sites with the recipe. Believe me, my polvoron tasted just like the ones they sell in Goldilocks. This was way cheaper and I was able to fill a cookie sheet with this recipe. 

Ingredients:

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1 cup powdered milk
1/2 cup melted butter (I used 3/4 cup melted butter; microwave butter for 15 to 20 seconds, then set aside)

1. Toast flour in a skillet or a pan over moderate heat for 10 to 15 minutes or until light brown, stirring constantly (you have to stir constantly or your flour will get burned!). 
2. Remove the flour from heat and put it in a large bowl. Add powdered milk, sugar and melted butter. Mix thoroughly. 
3. Use polvoron mold to make it into compact bite size polvoron. I couldn't find one here but I found that 1/8 measuring cup worked great too as a mold. Put the molded polvoron in a cookie sheet. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. 
3. You may wrap the molded polvoron in a tissue or Japanese paper but I just put them straight to my mouth.

I hope you try it and if you do, please leave a comment here.

Photo taken from Google.

22 comments:

  1. What kind of powdered milk did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only had two choices, Carnation Powdered Milk or the store brand. I used Carnation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this....

    ReplyDelete
  4. how many polvoron does this make?

    ReplyDelete
  5. what kind of sugar did you used?because there's brown and white sugar.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I apologize for the late reply. For the first question, how many polvoron does this make? If my memory is correct, I think between 24-36 depending on the size of your polvoron. For the second question, What kind of sugar did you use? It is white refined sugar. I haven't tried it with brown sugar but if you are going to, please let me know if it tastes good. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what butter did u used for this?

    ReplyDelete
  8. How many servings do this make?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is it okay to use brown sugar?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you this is great! As I am also craving goldilocks polvoron at this time and no Filipino stores are available here in Oman! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. My stock of goldilock's polvoron from the Philippines is running out so I'm grateful for this. I'll try to do this before my last piece go out so I can compare and contrast it from my own. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am going to try this recipe but add half butter half coconut shortening (here in nz its called Kremelta) will let you know how it goes :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi! can I use Skimmed milk instead ofr powdered milk?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Is polvoron is as solid as goldilocks?

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's yummy, I just tried it now but it's not as solid as goldilock but it taste almost the same.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for all your comments. As for the butter, I just used any butter but the unsalted kind. I do not use margarine. I don't remember how many pieces I made with this batch and I haven't used brown sugar as a substitute to the white (if someone has tried it with brown sugar, please let me know if it works). I haven't tried this with skim milk either. I do use Carnation powdered milk because I cannot find Nido here. As for the comment that this is not as solid as the Goldilocks, you may want to either add a little more butter or put it in the refrigerator before eating it to harden the polvoron. Just a though. Again, thank you, everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  17. hi....i used to make polvoron and i used skimmed milk and margarine and it taste good also it also taste like goldilocks.....

    ReplyDelete
  18. back home when i was little we used skimmed milk (free from the gov't. then, marcos time) and it tasted good. we have also tried nido or birch tree powdered milk.

    ReplyDelete
  19. im trying but why does is not taste like goldilocks polvoron

    ReplyDelete
  20. What kind of flour did you use? Rice or all porpuse?

    ReplyDelete